Rushden, Northants.
07849 230266

Tag: DWP

Sanction Advice

If you have your benefits stopped, such as being sanctioned, go to the council and request a Nil Income Form and fill it out. That will reinstate your housing benefit and Council Tax. It will also give you access to further help such as Utility Meter Credit, Food Vouchers and Emergency Cash Payments. The Council…
Read more

How Universal Credit is ‘failing’ self-employed people.

Universal Credit for self-employed people works on the basis of a “minimum income floor” (MIF). What is the Minimum Income Floor? This assumes that self-employed people work 35 hours a week and earn the minimum wage, although this is adjusted depending on circumstances such as dependants and disabilities. To calculate how much Universal Credit an…
Read more