- When picking an icebreaker always pick one that is suitable for the session you are doing.
- Make it fun because a good icebreaker is the key to a good session, it sets the tone for the rest of the night.
- Card games are quite good because anyone can join in as and when they arrive.
- Giant Jenga is also a great game to get a new group working together!
- Try and experiment if it doesnt work you know not to try it again. And we are not all perfect so don’t worry you will get it right.
- Make a list of icebreakers that work! That way you will have that list to relate back to if needed.
Be enthusiastic, whatever happens, be enthusiastic! Choose volunteers carefully and don’t cause embarrassment. If something is not working move quickly on to the next activity. Timing is important. Don’t flog them to death. Use only Read more…