Skip to content (Press Enter)
- Be enthusiastic, whatever happens, be enthusiastic!
- Choose volunteers carefully and don’t cause embarrassment.
- If something is not working move quickly on to the next activity.
- Timing is important. Don’t flog them to death. Use only 2 or 3 icebreakers as a 20-30 minutes introduction to your programme. Finish each icebreaker while young people are still enjoying it.
- Choose icebreakers appropriate for your age group. No group is the same and your understanding of what will and will not work with your group is a core youth work skill.